Monday, June 2, 2008

Class of '98 Today...

AraAnn Malmstrom

I'm as single as they get and I'm ok with that. I like to travel alot and I usually go all by myself. I am currently working in the payroll department at the corporate offices for JCPenney in downtown Salt Lake City & I absolutely LOVE my job! I basically process payroll for every JCPenney and office in the United States and Puerto Rico. Unfortunately, I am still living at home, but because of my finances, I can't afford to live on my own. I am hoping that towards the end of 2008, first part of 2009, I can move out on my own again.

Last year I went on my first vacation by myself & ventured down to Los Angeles. It was kind of scary at first. I was staying in a hotel in Chinatown!!!! If you've ever seen the movie 1408 with John Cusak, that hotel was MY hotel!!!! I got over it pretty quickly though. My whole goal while I was down there was to go to a taping of The Price is Right. Unfortunately, I didn't make it. When you get tickets to go to The Price Is Right, it doesn't guarantee you a seat in the audience. They only take the first 250 people in line. Since I was down there by myself, I didn't want to camp out on the sidewalk by myself. So, I woke up at 3:00 a.m. the morning of the taping and went over to the studio, and the line was wrapped around the block 2 times!!!! I just left and drove home a day early. But hey, at least I can say I tried. :-)

I have attached a picture for you. :-) P.S. I don't think I'm really as fat as I look in the picture. Lol.

2 comments:

Kris said...

Ara!
I miss you a lot in the ward! I am planning on moving out of it soon because they are all too young! We need to catch up!

Kirsten said...

Hey, you DO NOT look fat in your picture. I am so glad that you still sent a picture of yourself. Sound like you have done some fun things since high school.