Friday, June 20, 2008

Class of '98 Today...

Jill (Tingey) Schaible

Since High School?? I went to college off and didn't like it much. But I have been slowly working on my teaching degree. For the first while I just had fun. Did a little bit of traveling and lived with some girlfriends in Sugar House. For a while I had a grown up job but then just said NO! I hate being at a desk and computer all day.
I now work for the Davis County School District as a ParaEducator and love it. I worked at CJH for a while and have to tell you guys how weird it was (but cool) to work with teachers I had as a student. I now work at a transitional school for adults 18-22 with mild to moderate dissabilities teaching life skills. It totally kicks butt! I have also spent the last seven years (taking this last year off) volunteering with Camp Hobe'; a summer camp for kids with cancer and their siblings. I have been a member of the planning committe for the majority of that time and loved helping to run things, but the year off has been good.
I met my husband Carl in 2005 and at the time was happy with my life and made it clear to him I was not interested in getting married. Well, I was swept off my feet. He was living in Maryland and we dated long distance for six months. He moved here in June o5, and we were engaged and married by July 15, 2006. I now have a lovely 7 year old step daughter who is in Maryland with her mom.
Since then the biggest thing in my life has been my struggle with my health. I was diagnosed with Ulcerative Colitis two years ago. So having been on an aray of medications my weight and health has yoyo'd. You should see how much clothing I have to support the fast changes!! Carl and I love being outdoors and have a jeep that we take just about everywhere. I have to say I loved High School but love my life even more now...who would have thought I like being a grwon up? I hope all is well with everyone else!

Our blog is

1 comment:

Kirsten said...

I am so sorry you have colitis. One of my good friends almost died from it 2 years ago, and was in the hospital for 45 days. Now it is manageable at least. I saw what she had to go through....sorry you have it too. Thanks for the update.