Monday, June 30, 2008

Class of '98 Today...

Natalie (Nuzman) Edwards


It’s really hard to just sum up the past 10 years in a few words. But I will give it a try. After graduation I really didn’t want to go to school. I had burnt myself out with early collage and I had a good paying job, so I decided to just work for a while. In 2000 I got married and went back to school part time while working full time at an insurance agency. In 2003 I got divorced and moved to Las Vegas to restart my life. I quickly found another insurance job and some really great friends. I soon met my wonderful husband and we quickly fell in love. We were married in 2004. In 2005 I left my insurance job to have the full time job of being a mother to our daughter Juliana. In 2006 my husband left his job and we moved to the San Francisco bay area so that he could start an internship as a Public Health Microbiologist for Marin County. In 2007 I went back to school to see if I could at least get an Associates degree under my belt and after August 1st I will have accomplished that. And that brings us to 2008. In March my husband was accepted to a PhD program at the University of Alabama at Birmingham. So, we will be moving from Marin County to Birmingham Alabama in less than 6 weeks (about a 3500 mile trek across the U.S). It is about a 5 year program so we are in this for the long haul. We are very excited about the move but I think we are both terrified to be leaving the comforts of job front for him to become a full time student.

I really love being a Mom and I am so glad that my husband had been so supportive of me staying home. It is a lot of hard work but it is very worth it. Because of our move in a few weeks I will on be able to attend the reunion this year and I am very sad about that. But, I have been really enjoyed seeing what everyone is up to for the last 10 years. Thank you for putting this reunion together and for putting this blog together I really hope you will keep it up after the reunion is over. And I hope to see all of you in another 10 years.

If you are interested we have a family blog at: http://natalie-livelovelaugh.blogspot.com/

Natalie (Nuzman) Edwards

1 comment:

Natalie said...

Hey! I wish we could meet up at the reunion, but I won't be going either. Good luck on your move in a few weeks. Will you be stopping here on your way through!?