Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Class of '98 Today...

Dave Barton



After graduating from Viewmont, I attended Utah State for a year. Then, much to my relief, I went on to serve in the decidedly un-third world Iowa Des Moines Mission. I'll gladly take steak and corn on the cob over chicken foot stew any day of the week. Once I got home, I returned to USU to pursue a degree in Graphic Design and Marketing. My last year of school, I started dating Kristen Andrews, a native of Price, Utah. We were married on May 7, 2004, a week after I became a college grad.

We lived in Logan for another year while Kristen finished school, then we moved down to the Salt Lake area. In May of '07, we bought a townhome in the Daybreak development in South Jordan. Currently I am working as a Graphic Designer for Salt City Candle Company. A one man "creative team," I design all of their catalogs, packaging, and marketing collateral. Also, I pretty much always smell like apples and cinnamon.

And lasty, our first addition, Edward James Barton, was just born on May 3rd. He always keeps things interesting for his first-time parents. He is a spittin' image of his daddy, only he doesn't smell quite as sweet. We are considering making an appearance at the picnic on Saturday because we have never had $10 popsicles before. They must be delicious.

And yes, we too have a blog (davekristen.blogspot.com), where you can find updates on the fam, as well as my random thoughts on movies and pop culture.

2 comments:

Celeste said...

That is easily the single GREASTEST baby announcement I have EVER seen in my entire life! Ever!

Celeste said...

yeah, i know, i spelled it wrong.