Thursday, July 10, 2008

Mikelle (Nyborg) Bunker


I love this blog. It's been so fun! I can't believe it's been ten years! I don't feel that old yet. However, I do feel like a different person. After high school, I headed straight to BYU and danced with the Cougarettes. School and grades became less important as playing, friends, and dating became priority. Like many, I played a ton! I lived in LA for a summer, New York City the next summer, had a short stint with a professional dance company, and graduated in Fitness & Wellness Management with a Business minor. At BYU, I met so many great friends from all over the country and somehow knew I'd never make it back to Utah :( I'm sometimes envious of all of you that live close to family and see each other often.

In my last year at BYU, I met Blake from Mesa, AZ. He's amazing (don't we all think our spouses are) and I'm so grateful for him. We were married in May 2004 and moved to Arizona. We lived there for 2 years and I taught dance at a wonderful studio. Blake was ready to make a career change (life as a CPA did not suite him), so we moved to beautiful California. We live 5 miles from Laguna Beach and we love it! I'm still teaching dance - I travel often to choreograph at various studios - and Blake works in acquisitions/development at Shea Properties along with getting his MBA at UCLA. No kids yet, but hopefully soon! I definitely can't complain about life. I love summer. I love the beach. I love that many people vacation where I live and I get to see them! I hope that more of you post your updates; I didn't want to post either, but just do it! Have fun at the reunion! I would really like to see everyone! I wish I could be there! Email me at mikellebunker@gmail.com.

5 comments:

Ang said...

Mikelle! You look beautiful. I am so happy to hear from you. Glad to hear that life is treating you so good. Did you build that sand castle? Amazing. Another business idea if you ever get bored with dance. :) What a fun life. Email me if you get the chance - aekins23@yahoo.com...
Andrea Garner Ekins

Nicole said...

Hi Mikelle, you look exactly the same...and that's meant as a compliment! It's good to hear you're still dancing. I haven't done anything but dance aerobics. Like you, I don't know if we'll ever make it back to UT and I was wondering if your mother is as upset about that as mine??

Niki (niki.rollins@gmail.com)

Expressions Dance said...

Hi Mikelle, David Burns is dying that I tell you hi for him and to give him a call sometime.

Nici said...

Mikelle...it has been a long time--too long. It was fun to see a few of our old friends the other night. We missed you. Actually lived in Mesa for 16 months. We moved back las November. Too bad I didn't know you were there. I love that part of California, bet you love it! Well, I haven't posted (yet, maybe) but check out our blog: www.ryandnic.blogspot.com
or email me: sisternback@yahoo.com
Hope to hear from you soon!
Nici (back) Jones

Lisa B. said...

Seriously any time you want to age, just go right on ahead. I miss you tons. My little Grace has huge aspirations to be a dancer, so in about ten years you will have to give her some lessons.